About this course
This Food Safety unit (SITXFSA001) provides individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to handle food safely and maintain hygienic practices.
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to food safety and hygiene principles
- Understanding food-borne illnesses and their causes
- Personal hygiene and health requirements for food handlers
- Cleaning and sanitising procedures for food premises and equipment
- Safe food storage practices
- Safe food preparation practices
- Handling and serving food safely
- Managing food safety incidents and outbreaks
This unit is usually delivered through a combination of online-based learning, practical assessments, and hands-on training. Upon completion, you will have a good understanding of the key principles of food safety and be equipped to implement effective food safety measures in the workplace. The duration of this unit is 4 hours.